You wouldn’t realize it if you lived here in Michigan with us, but fall has begun! The temperature here has been rocking over 90℉ for the past several days, with some relief in sight later this week! Some school districts in the area even had half days since last Friday, since some do not have air conditioning and classroom temperatures were soaring over 100℉. But… what better way to start the fall season with a hearty muesli muffin made with applesauce?! One of our Gourmet Kitchen Guru’s made this recipe for us over the weekend and shared with the team! It’s delicious! I had one myself this afternoon! Please enjoy the following recipe using Familia Swiss Muesli.
If you try this recipe, please let us know how your muffins turned out! ENJOY!
Familia Muesli Applesauce Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Familia No Sugar Added Muesli
- 1 1/2 cups flour (we used wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Szeged, of course!)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (we used Lorann Tahitian Vanilla Double Strength)
- Mix dry ingredients into large bowl.
- Mix applesauce, milk, oil, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add applesauce mixture to dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners.
- Bake 14-17 minutes at 400℉.
- Cool slightly before serving.