Who doesn’t love meatballs? I cooked up this recipe last night to share with you – and it’s not your average recipe! And not your average ingredients! I used Hela Curry Spice Ketchup (Original) to flavor up the meatballs from a recipe that they had posted on their website. I have to say, I was a little nervous pulling this meal together, but I am so glad I did and so glad I tried something different! And you know what, it’s pretty darn good! I would definitely make this dish again and I’d save it in my recipe box! It is a really easy meal to pull together, if you have someone help you out in the kitchen, like I did, the meal comes together quite quickly.
The prep for this wasn’t too terrible, and since the website from Hela lists the ingredient measurements in metric, I am loosely converting what I used to pull this meal together! Feel free to look at the original recipe here on the Hela website if you’d like to convert your own measurements! And in some instances, there wasn’t any type of measurement provided, so I ad-libbed!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (roughly!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (roughly?)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (eyeball it..I pretty much did with the peppermill!)
- 1 large onion (original recipe calls for 2)
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1 3/4 cup (14 ounces) Hela Curry Spice Ketchup Original (just shy of one whole bottle)
- 1/2 cup cream
- Mix meat with egg and spices, form little balls and fry in a pan.
- Chop the onion(s) and the apple, fry in another pan.
- Mix Hela Curry Spice Ketchup Original with cream, add meatballs and fried apple and onions
- Heat for five to ten minutes.
Goes well with rice.
What type of apple did I use? Well, to mix up my flavors, today I chose a Red Delicious apple. It turned out great! The recipe says it serves four people, which I could guess to be close. I have left overs and I am hoping that they gel together over night and taste delicious for me later when I need to eat! ENJOY! Nibble, nibble!