We thought we would take a quick break from all things food and beverage related for a quick announcement! Gourmet International employees have been placed into teams representing the United States, Canada, France, Germany and Norway. This Thursday/Friday, as the official Winter Olympics begin, we will have our own opening ceremonies and carrying of the olympic torch!
I hope to get some good photos and maybe, if I am lucky, I can grab some video of everyone enjoying the following itinerary of events:
- Friday, February 9 – Opening Torch Ceremony & First Event: Paper Plate Discus
- Monday, February 12 – Broom Hockey Shoot Out (might get upgraded to a real shoot out!)
- Wednesday, February 14 – Chair Rowing
- Friday, February 16 – Paper Plane Javelin
- Monday, February 19 – Balloon Sprint
- Wednesday, February 21 – Cookie Monster
- Thursday, February 22 – Synchronized Chair Dancing
- Friday, February 23 – Final Synchronized Chair Dancing & Closing Medal Ceremony
Now, there is an “Official Rule Book” – with rules and instructions on how to participate in these events! I will share those on the actual day of events! We hope you stick with us as we take a fun break and enjoy some company rivalry!
What are some of your favorite events that take place during the Winter Olympics? I’d have to say that I do enjoy a lot of the skiing and ice skating events, as well as, of course, HOCKEY! Luge is another fun one… so many to choose from! Oh and curling… I’ll just stop now, because I will probably just list all of the events!